Cannes, Grasse Perfume Factory & St-Paul-de-Vence
The French Riviera epitomizes the joie-de-vivre of France and has long been an attractive haven for artists and the elite. Intrigued by its dramatic beauty and sense of isolation, these communities are irresistibly drawn to the Côte d’Azur. This full-day exploration will take you to some of the highlights of this exquisite region.
DurationApproximately 8 hours
Leaving the pier, your motor coach proceeds west to the glittering enclave of Cannes. Your first stop is elegant La Croisette Avenue, an impressive floral showcase of gleaming hotels.
Continuing on, head north to Grasse, birthplace of the French perfume industry. At a modern perfume factory, discover one of the world’s oldest distillation processes. Observe as flowers and water are boiled in Florentine flasks and their sweet essence captured. While here, you will also have an opportunity to shop for a short time in the factory’s outlet.
Your motor coach now continues along the Gorges du Loup canyon en route to St-Paul-de-Vence. Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local restaurant before you commence your one-and-a-half-hour, independent walking tour of this delightful, walled village. Stroll along narrow, cobblestone lanes and browse among charming boutiques before re-boarding your motor coach for the 30-minute journey back to Antibes and your Crystal ship.
Guests must be a minimum of eight years old in order to participate. As this excursion involves walking over uneven and sometimes steep surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as wear flat, comfortable walking shoes. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. Pre-reservation of this Crystal Adventures excursion is recommended.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.