On this fascinating, half-day excursion, explore the charming, cobbled streets of St-Paul-de-Vence, a 16th-century village.
DurationApproximately 4-4½ hours
From the pier in Antibes, your air-conditioned motor coach will travel to St-Paul-de-Vence along the scenic shoreline of the Baie des Anges turning into the Hinterland close to Villeneuve Loubet.
Above the rolling hills and the rich valleys of the Vence countryside, the tapering outline of St-Paul stands out from afar. Here, independently explore this medieval walled village, designed to guard the Var frontier. Narrow, cobblestone lanes and charming boutiques await.
During your time in St-Paul you will have the opportunity to visit one of Europe’s finest museums of modern art, the Maeght Foundation Museum. View paintings by artists such as Bonnard, Braque, Kandinsky and Chagall before viewing the terraced gardens that hold sculptures, mobiles and mosaics by Arp, Calder, Miró, Giacometti and Hepworth.
After re-boarding your motor coach, return along the main highway to Antibes and your Crystal ship.
Guests must be a minimum of 12 years old in order to participate. As this excursion involves substantial walking and some stair climbing, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as wear flat, comfortable shoes. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to St-Paul and the Maeght Foundation Museum. The Maeght Foundation organizes temporary exhibits during the summer. Therefore, the entire permanent collection may not be on display. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. Pre-reservation of this Crystal Adventures excursion is recommended.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.