Panoramic Nice & Bellet Wine Tasting
Discover the small and relatively unknown Bellet wine appellation, where you will sample limited-production wines at the striking faux castle, Château Crémat. Also enjoy a sightseeing drive of Nice, renowned the world over for its beautiful shores and palatial hotels.
DurationApproximately 4 hours
Departing the pier, travel along the coast and by highway to the Bellet wine region, one of the smallest appellations in France. Tucked into the steep hills just west of Nice, the appellation is well known in this corner of France but has limited exposure outside of Nice. The rugged, terraced hillsides, host to between 80 and 125 acres of vineyards, are virtually impossible to work by machine, making production difficult. The appellation’s yield is limited to fewer than 100,000 bottles per year.
Your destination is one of Bellet’s most famed wine estates, Château Crémat, a mock Gothic manse overlooking the sea. The estate has all the fanciful elements of a storybook castle, complete with turrets, crenelated rooflines and manicured gardens. It also has the requisite features of an established wine producer, with underground caves once used as cellars by Roman soldiers and today housing interesting white, red and rosé wines.
During your visit, taste three wines and a selection of local dishes such as tapenade, sausage, cheese and a French-style pizza called pissaladiere.
Next, transfer to Nice for a short city survey by motor coach. Take in such sights as the famed Promenade des Anglais that runs along the entire sweep of the Baie des Anges. The palatial and oft-photographed Hotel Negresco is located on this seaside avenue.
Following your introduction to photo-ready, sun-kissed Nice, return to the pier in Antibes.
Guests must be a minimum of 18 old in order to participate in the wine tasting. As this excursion involves walking over uneven surfaces and some stair climbing, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing and wear flat, comfortable shoes. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. See information concerning special cancellation conditions below. This Crystal Adventures excursion MUST be pre-reserved.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
If cancellation of the above Crystal Adventure is made within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, there will be a 100% cancellation fee charged to the guest's shipboard account. In the event guests cancel their cruise within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, this cancellation fee will be charged through the Crystal Cruises corporate office.
All Crystal Adventures with Special Cancellation Conditions can only be canceled in writing to Crystal Cruises. Please e-mail your cancellation to email@example.com or you may fax your cancellation to (310) 286-2412.