Marvelous Monte Carlo
Experience one of the most celebrated locales on the French Riviera, if not the entire world, Monaco. Your outing includes a visit to the Grand Casino, a three-course lunch and a walking discovery of Old Town to fully appreciate this storied principality and its tiny but flashy capital city on the sea, Monte Carlo.
DurationApproximately 8–8½ hours
Aboard your motor coach, travel to Monaco by highway, enjoying the journey of about one hour and 15 minutes. Anticipation mounts as you reach Monte Carlo, haven for jetsetters and the see-and-be-seen, with its high-rise hotels and modern apartments stacked up on the hills rising from the sea. Of course, Monte Carlo is famed for its Formula 1 Grand Prix, held here annually since 1929.
On arrival, walk up to Casino Square and step into the Grand Casino for an enthralling visit. Marvel at the opulent gambling rooms and consider the history of this iconic landmark. Designed by Charles Garnier, the architect behind the building of the Paris Opera House, the Grand Casino has seen a parade of royalty and celebrities since its opening in 1863.
Spend some time independently exploring the surrounding square with its gardens and boutiques before walking to La Marée restaurant, where you will enjoy lunch overlooking the Port of Monte Carlo.
Refreshed and ready for more sights and sounds of Monaco, rejoin your motor coach to traverse part of the Grand Prix circuit. Soon you will reach Monaco’s old town and main quarter, the Rock. Your guide will lead you to the famous cathedral where Prince Rainer III and Grace Kelly married in 1956. Also view the exterior of Prince Palace, the residence of Prince Albert, who assumed the throne after his father Prince Rainier died in 2005.
Browse the shops and take some photographs before returning to your Crystal ship.
Guests must be a minimum of eight years old in order to participate. Guests should be aware that there is an approximately 2½-hour, roundtrip motor-coach transfer to Monte Carlo; however, the fascinating sights included in this excursion are its main focus and more than compensate for the length of the journey. As this excursion involves walking over uneven surfaces and substantial stair climbing, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. To reach Casino Square, guests will be required to walk up approximately 80 steps. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as wear flat, comfortable shoes. Some crowding may be anticipated. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. See information concerning special cancellation conditions below. This Crystal Adventures excursion MUST be pre-reserved.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
If cancellation of the above Crystal Adventure is made within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, there will be a 100% cancellation fee charged to the guest's shipboard account. In the event guests cancel their cruise within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, this cancellation fee will be charged through the Crystal Cruises corporate office.
All Crystal Adventures with Special Cancellation Conditions can only be canceled in writing to Crystal Cruises. Please e-mail your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may fax your cancellation to (310) 286-2412.