Crystal Boutique Adventures: Cooking Workshop with Chef Llorca & Culinary Museum of August Escoffier
Prepare to learn and be inspired with this gourmand excursion, a perfect choice for foodies. First, meet Michelin-starred chef Alain Llorca in his villa-restaurant, where you will join a cooking workshop and savor a delectable lunch. Then head to the small village of Villeneuve-Loubet for a visit to the Culinary Museum of August Escoffier, considered the founder of French haute cuisine.
DurationApproximately 7 hours
Appetite whetted for a fine outing, depart the pier for the scenic, 30-minute transfer to Alain Llorca’s villa, beautifully located with breathtaking views of St. Paul.
Be welcomed with coffee and champagne and be introduced to Mr. Llorca, a Michelin-starred chef whose talents you will witness during your cooking lesson. In a charming and relaxed atmosphere, don your apron and get cooking in the villa’s kitchen. Watch, listen and roll up your sleeves to learn tips and secrets for creating local specialties, including such dishes as a thin tart with tomato and basil sauce and lemon tart with meringue.
Afterward, enjoy the fruits of your labor with a wine-paired lunch served in the villa’s restaurant.
Next, make the ten-minute transfer to the small town of Villeneuve-Loubet. Situated in the shadow of a medieval castle, the village is the birthplace of famous 19th-century Provençal chef and restaurateur, Georges Auguste Escoffier. Born in 1846, Escoffier is legendary as the founder of French haute cuisine and author of the bible of French food, Guide Culinaire.
Discover his contribution to the world of food with your visit to the Culinary Museum of August Escoffier, enjoying a chance to survey exhibits telling the story of the “King of chefs and chef for kings.”
Return to your Crystal ship with a new appreciation for the age-old art of French cuisine.
Guests must be a minimum of 15 years old in order to participate and a minimum of 18 years old in order to consume alcoholic beverages. As this excursion involves walking over uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing and wear flat, comfortable shoes. The menu presented is based on seasonal ingredients currently available the day of the excursion. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. See information concerning special cancellation conditions below. This Crystal Adventures excursion MUST be pre-reserved.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
If cancellation of the above Crystal Adventure is made within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, there will be a 100% cancellation fee charged to the guest's shipboard account. In the event guests cancel their cruise within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, this cancellation fee will be charged through the Crystal Cruises corporate office.
All Crystal Adventures with Special Cancellation Conditions can only be canceled in writing to Crystal Cruises. Please e-mail your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may fax your cancellation to (310) 286-2412.