Perfume Workshop & the Village of Mougins
If you have a nose for unique and wonderful excursions, then this is the outing for you. Join a perfume workshop in Grasse, the city where the French perfume industry got its start, and visit the charming village of Mougins, once home to celebrated artists Pissarro and Picasso.
DurationApproximately 6½ hours
After a half-hour transfer, arrive in Grasse, considered the birthplace of the French perfume industry. The great houses of fragrance were established in the 18th and 19th centuries and still enjoy outstanding international reputations.
You will be welcomed to Studio Galimard for your workshop in learning the secrets of perfume. Inspired by the professional approach to making brand-name scents, the process you learn today is the most sophisticated perfume creation system in the world available to the public.
Create your own individual fragrance and gain insights into how perfumes are classified in families of scents and by their components. Your own selection will be crafted from a choice of more than 127 essences, including such classics as Rose of May, Patchouli, Wild Lavender and Sandalwood. The Master Perfumer, or “Nose,” will guide you through the process and refine your creative instincts during this unique experience.
Your creation will be presented in a perfume bottle marked by the name you choose. Your fragrance will also be entered into the factory’s database and may be re-ordered on request. For the complete fragrance package, your scent may be ordered in a bath foam and a moisturizing body cream.
Concluding your perfume workshop, next travel to the village of Mougins, renowned as a meeting place for artists and musicians. At one time, Pissarro and Picasso lived here, door to door. Enjoy your visit to the town, beautiful with its stone facades, narrow lanes and views of the Alps.
Relax over lunch in a picturesque restaurant before returning to your Crystal ship with a transfer of about 30 minutes.
Guests must be a minimum of 12 years old in order to participate. As this excursion involves walking over uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing and wear flat, comfortable shoes. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. See information concerning special cancellation conditions below. This Crystal Adventures excursion MUST be pre-reserved.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.
SPECIAL CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
If cancellation of the above Crystal Adventure is made within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, there will be a 100% cancellation fee charged to the guest's shipboard account. In the event guests cancel their cruise within 30 days of arrival in the excursion port, this cancellation fee will be charged through the Crystal Cruises corporate office.
All Crystal Adventures with Special Cancellation Conditions can only be canceled in writing to Crystal Cruises. Please e-mail your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may fax your cancellation to (310) 286-2412.