If there ever was a city synonymous with glitz and glamour, it is Cannes, site of the annual Cannes Film Festival and year-round playground for the rich and famous. Enjoy a walking tour of this seaside city, with a chance to take in its sunny elegance.
DurationApproximately 4 hours
Relax during the scenic, 45-minute transfer to Cannes, favorite destination for celebrities, royalty and business moguls.
Disembark your motor coach for a short orientation walk, which takes you along the old port and to Liberty Square. Follow your guide to Rue Meynardier, formerly the main street linking the new town with the old city, Le Suquet. The avenue is lined with shops and some fine 18th-century facades with characteristic doorways.
Pass the old covered Forville Market, known for its fresh fish, fruits and vegetables. On Mondays, the area sets up a flea market, offering all manner of interesting goods and trinkets.
Stop for a quick tasting at the marketplace and then cross the famous Rue d’Antibes, the main shopping street, on your way to the former Festival Palace. Today a hotel, the site hosted the Cannes Film Festival from 1947 to 1982. Then reach the current-day Festival Palace, the Palais des Festivals, and encounter its steps where movie stars and celebs pose for pictures on the red carpet.
Another star of Cannes is the famous seaside boulevard, La Croisette. Lined by palm trees and gardens and overlooking a fine, sandy beach, the avenue is as photogenic as a starlet. The jet-set can be found here amid the galleries and antiques shops, cinemas and night clubs, enjoying—and contributing to—the city’s glamourous atmosphere.
Enjoy free time to stroll the streets and dip into a shop or two before returning to Antibes by motor coach.
Guests must be a minimum of 18 years old in order to consume alcoholic beverages. As this excursion involves walking over uneven surfaces, it is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties. It is recommended that guests dress in casual clothing, a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, as well as wear flat, comfortable shoes. Some crowding may be anticipated. The order of sights visited may vary. This excursion will operate in all weather conditions. A minimum number of bookings is required for this excursion to operate. Pre-reservation of this Crystal Adventures excursion is recommended.
Important: Please Read Before Pre-Reserving this Crystal Adventures Excursion
(1) To fully appreciate the magnificent sights of the French Riviera, substantial walking along cobbled, uneven and steep surfaces is unavoidable. Since local regulations require motor coaches to remain in designated holding areas, they cannot park or drop off guests adjacent to many important attractions. Guests are requested to bear in mind the walking conditions before purchasing any of the following excursions.
(2) Traffic congestion can affect the itinerary and duration for all excursions offered from Antibes. They are, therefore, subject to change without prior notice.
(3) Some excursions may contain limited free time for you to independently explore particular points of personal interest. Understandably, it is not possible to provide guide service at all such diverse attractions during these periods at leisure.
(4) Although our tour operator has engaged the best available guides, please be aware there may be times when their French-accented English may not be fully comprehensible.
(5) In Antibes, all motor coach excursions will involve an approximate 10-minute walk from the tender pier to motor coach parking and vice versa.