Fitness & Spa
Relax, rejuvenate and enrich your mind, body and spirit with the most comprehensive fitness and wellness offerings at sea.
Feng Shui is the ancient practice of balance and harmony, and the Crystal Spa embodies a tranquil environment, easily allowing you to slip away from the stresses of daily life. In serene treatment rooms, rejuvenating services such as Aroma Stone Therapy, Japanese Silk Booster Facial and Well-Being Massage are dispensed with expert care. A private, canopied relaxation area on the Spa’s aft deck invites relaxation before or after a treatment. Separate facilities for men and women include state-of-the-art sauna and changing areas featuring showers with multiple head and side body jets, fiber optic lighting, and a selection of special rain and mist functions.
The full-service Crystal Salon offers a relaxing experience with sweeping ocean views. Trained professionals provide a wide variety of treatments including haircuts, styling and coloring; facials and skin analysis; manicures and pedicures; and barber services for men. Other highlights include custom-designed manicure/pedicure areas with sunken foot bowls, well suited to the “Sole Delight Foot Ritual” with warmed aromatherapy oils and massage prior to a full pedicure.
Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions
Dancing and Dance Lessons
On all cruises, professional dance instructors offer complimentary classes in the most classic dance steps as our distinguished Ambassador Hosts await to escort ladies onto the dance floor.
The Fitness Center also features cardio machines such as LifeFitness® treadmills complete with individual flat-screen televisions, cross trainers, recumbent and upright life cycles and steppers, all with heart rate sensors, the LifeFitness Pro Series® of strength equipment, and a range of free weights and mats.
Fresh fruit, fresh fish, creative salads, and low-calorie and low-carb meals add to a healthy dining experience available throughout the ships.
Fitness Classes, Seminars & Services
- 'Tour de Spin' Indoor Cycling
- Step Harmony
- Aerobic Symphony
- Pilates (mat-based)
- Pathway to Yoga
- Body Sculpt/Core Conditioning
- Lower Body Workout (Bums, Tums and Thighs)
- Circuit Training
- Gym Orientation
- Gym Equipment Demonstration
- Aqua Aerobics (offered occasionally)
- Slimming and Nutrition
- Back & Joint Care
- Golf Fit (offered by Sports Director)
- Introduction To Pilates
- Detox For Weight Loss
- Personal Training Sessions
- Body Composition Analysis
- WOW (Walk-On-Water) Program featuring Debbie Rocker's exclusive WALKVEST®
Other exercise opportunities
- Daily Walk-A-Thon with the Sports Director
- Full Promenade Deck for Walking & Jogging (3.7 laps = 1 mile Crystal Symphony; 3.35 laps = 1 mile on Crystal Serenity)
- Paddle Tennis -- Individual Play & Tournaments (two courts on Crystal Serenity)
- Golf Driving Range
- Seahorse lap pool
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi through the Tai Chi Cultural Institute (on selected sailings)
- Health & Fitness Experiences of Discovery theme cruises (on selected sailings)
Selected itineraries are dedicated Experiences of Discovery Golf cruises, featuring PGA golf celebrities and optional Crystal Adventures to world-famous courses.
Paddle Tennis Courts
Pools / Jacuzzis
- For everyone’s safety, please refrain from bringing glass into the pool areas. Only plastic containers for beverages may be used around the pools and Jacuzzis.
- In compliance with United States Public Health regulations, children wearing diapers (including swimming diapers) and children who are not toilet-trained are restricted from using the pools and Jacuzzis.
Please also note the following:
- 3- to 12-year-olds: Must be accompanied by the parent or legal guardian at all times.
- 13- to 17-year-olds: May use the facilities on their own, unaccompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- There are no lifeguards on duty.
- Proper pool behavior is required at all times.
Walk On Water / 360° Promenade Deck
Utilizing Rocker’s innovative WALKVEST® Training System, a lightweight cotton vest with weight pockets strategically located around the mid-section so that added weight is evenly distributed for safety and comfort while walking, the program takes full advantage of the 360° teak Promenade Deck on each ship – a unique feature not found on many of today’s cruise ships. The program includes customized motivational music-driven audiotapes, a day-by-day guided walking program, and educational instructions on how to walk safely and effectively on deck.
Nordic Walking Program
Crystal Cruises is committed to offer fitness-minded guests a variety of innovative wellness programs, including our new Nordic Walking Program by exclusive provider LEKI USA, a leading manufacturer of skiing, trekking and Nordic Walking Poles.
Specifically designed to engage the entire body, Nordic Walking Poles feature rubber tips to push off various surfaces like our wide teak decks, and help distribute stress while walking, increase stability, improve balance, and alleviate the steady impact of running and jogging, while offering similar benefits. Using these innovative poles exercises both the upper and lower body while walking, adding to the cardiovascular benefit and burning up to 46% more calories than walking without them.
Nordic Walking Poles are available, complimentarily, to guests to use aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity and are also available to purchase by contacting the onboard fitness director.