Quick LinksOverview Benefits of Booking a Crystal Adventure® Shore Excursion How to View Crystal Adventures Online Pre-Reserving Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions Private Services Crystal Private Adventures Late-Risers Adventures “You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventures Crystal Boutique Adventures Additional Questions?
Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions
With more overnight stays and more exotic ports the world over, our curated collection of more than 2,000 Crystal Adventure shore excursions offers unparalleled options for truly personalized discovery.
Explore the world on a Crystal Adventure® and prepare to write a new story. A story of adventure trekking rainforests in Costa Rica or kayaking in Croatia. A story of culture eating the best pad thai in Bangkok or making pasta a la mano in a private Tuscan home. A story of simple pleasures, like tossing a coin in Rome’s Trevi Fountain or sipping cappuccinos at a Copenhagen café.
However you choose to write your story, Crystal will go to great lengths to make it happen. In addition to a vast selection of Crystal Adventures shore excursions in every port of call, you can also consider these options:
- Crystal Private Adventures® – For those seeking a very personalized and exclusive experience, we will customize your time ashore to your exact specifications—complete with advanced confirmation of itineraries, admissions, meals, transportation, etc. (pre-reservation is required).
- Crystal Boutique Adventures – Introduced in 2013, these extremely intimate and unique tours are largely exclusive to Crystal and available to a limited number of guests only. Now tours include: Rhino Conservation Experience in South Africa, Cooking Lesson at a Michelin-starred Restaraunt in Sorrento, Private Mass in the Sagrada Familia Crypt in Barcelona, and Site Running in Italy, New Zealand and Russia offering active guests the opportunity to combine fitness with sightseeing.
- Private Services – Have your own private car and English-speaking driver waiting for you upon arrival in port, and decide what you want to do the day of; ideal for parties of 2 to 8, available for half- and full-day excursions; these can be booked via PCPC.
- Private Options – For added exclusivity, groups of two people may elect to follow a published Crystal Adventure shore excursion itinerary with a private car and English-speaking driver.
- “You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventures – Offered complimentary on nearly every voyage, an opportunity to invest your time and heart in the future well-being of the places we visit.
Benefits of Booking a Crystal Adventure® Shore Excursion
- Protection: No penalties in the event of inclement weather, site closures or sailing time changes
- Safety: Operated only by licensed & reliable tour operators that meet and exceed Crystal’s high safety standards & insurance requirements
- Quality: Provident the best available qualified guides, modern state-of-the art transportation & an in-depth luxury touring experience
- Convenience: Drop-off & pick up points in each port perfectly planned and coordinated with your ship’s arrival & departure
- Pre-Reservtion: Guests with a booking number and a deposit on record can now pre-reserve their Crystal Adventures shore excursions 6-month (180 days) prior to cruise departure using our online online guest check-in portal, Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC).
- No Hidden Fees: All-Inclusive pricing – all entry fees, admissions, refreshments, meals, etc. included as detailed in each tour description
- Book Now - Pay Later: Pre-reserve your Crystal Adventures as far as 6 months in advance of your cruise and pay when you embark the ship
- Flexible Cancellation Policy: The majority of tours may be cancelled within 24 hours with no fee. Restrictions apply.
- Comfort: Limited Group size for a more intimate and personalized experience ashore & while touring
- Professional Team: Experienced Shore Excursion staff available to assist you onboard, pier side and ashore
- Crystal Difference: A Crystal Escort (onboard staff) to accompany most excursions to assist as needed
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Crystal Cruises is pleased to provide complimentary shuttle service in ports of call where the town or city center is beyond a reasonable walking distance from the ship’s pier. The shuttle schedule is announced in the onboard daily newsletter Reflections. Please note: We are unable to provide shuttle schedules prior to the start of a cruise. Schedules and the operations of shuttles are sometimes dictated by local authorities, traffic or security measures, which may create delays and, in some cases, prohibit shuttle service from operating inside the port area. Complimentary shuttle service is provided at the sole discretion of Crystal Cruises and is not guaranteed in any port.
How to View Crystal Adventures Online
To access a specific voyage itinerary page, search the four-digit voyage number (example: 3226) in the “search site” box in the upper right hand corner of the Crystal website. If you are unsure of the voyage number, or would like to browse for a voyage that suits your interests, you may also use our Voyage Finder.
Pre-Reserving Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions
To log into PCPC, enter your first and last name and booking number, then select Crystal Adventures to make your pre-reservations. If you need to make modifications to your pre-reserved shore excursions, you may log into the Priority Check-in site up until 7 days prior to your sailing date. You may also pre-reserve shore excursions on board, based on availability.
> Private Services
For guests wishing to design their private tour the day of arrival in port, we offer half-day or full-day private vehicle and English-speaking guide services (admissions and meals not included), where available. This is an ideal option for guests wanting the flexibility to create their day’s itinerary on the same day they arrive. Shore excursions with Private Services options will be listed on Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC) as:
- Private Half-day Car & English-speaking Guide
- Private Full-day Car & English-speaking Guide
- Private Half-day Van & English-speaking Guide (parties of 6-8 guests)
- Private Full-day Van & English-speaking Guide (parties of 6-8 guests)
> Crystal Private Adventures
To request Crystal Private Adventures before you embark, please download and print our Crystal Private Adventure Request Form. Complete all required information and fax the form to 310-286-2412 at least 14 business days prior to the voyage departure date. If you wish to request Crystal Private Adventures on board, please allow the onboard shore excursion staff at least 48 hours’ notice prior to arrival in the port. All Crystal Private Adventures are subject to availability. For additional terms and conditions, refer to the second page of the Crystal Private Adventures Request Form.
> Late-Risers Adventures
Should you wish to sleep in a bit, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast without missing out on early morning shore excursions, Crystal is pleased to offer at least one fun and enriching tour on most afternoons of your cruise. So stay out a little longer, linger a little later, and enjoy your time ashore on your schedule.
> “You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventures
These adventures focus on hands-on volunteer efforts with no obligation of financial donations. With the goal of improving destinations for future generations, Crystal Voluntourism Adventures allow guests to directly contribute to a need or cause specific to the community we are visiting.
> Crystal Boutique Adventures
Created for and offered exclusively to Crystal guests, Crystal Boutique Adventures feature exclusive excursions available to an extremely limited number of participants. Intimate and enriching, they allow you to explore a particular topic of interest or destination in depth, with the guidance of a local expert, usually in a private setting. These adventures have a tour code ending in “B” (eg. FUN-NB) to assist you in easily locating these programs. Boutique adventure experiences examples include: private visit and luncheon at a family-run winery in Funchal; a private viewing of the Contini Bonacossi Collection at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence; private cooking lesson and village stroll with a Michelin-starred chef in Taormina, just to name a few.
For Hotel and Land Programs General Terms & Conditions click here.
For Crystal Adventures Frequently Asked Questions click here.