BENEFITS OF BOOKING A CRYSTAL ADVENTURE® SHORE EXCURSION
- PROTECTION: No penalties in the event of inclement weather, site closures or sailing time changes
- SAFETY: Operated only by licensed & reliable tour operators that meet and exceed Crystal’s high safety standards & insurance requirements
- QUALITY: Providing the best available qualified guides, modern state-of-the art transportation & an in-depth luxury touring experience
- CONVENIENCE: Drop-off & pick up points in each port perfectly planned and coordinated with your ship’s arrival & departure
- NO HIDDEN FEES: All-inclusive pricing – all entry fees, admissions, refreshments, meals, etc. included as detailed in each shore excursion description
- BOOK NOW – PAY LATER: Pre-reserve your Crystal Adventures as far as 6-months in advance of your cruise and pay when you embark the ship
- FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICY: The majority of shore excursions may be cancelled within 24 hours with no fee*
- COMFORT: Limited Group size for a more intimate and personalized experience ashore & while touring
- PROFESSIONAL TEAM: Experienced Shore Excursion staff available to assist you onboard, pier side and ashore
- CRYSTAL DIFFERENCE: A Crystal Escort (onboard staff) to accompany most excursions to assist as needed
* For more details on our Crystal Adventures programs, disclaimers and information pertaining to Accident, Injury & property insurance, as well as a list of excursions where special cancellation conditions apply, please refer to your cruise specific electronic tour book.
Pre-Reserving Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions
To ease any concerns you may have about excursion availability, you may pre-reserve your Crystal Adventures online through Crystal's Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC).
To log into PCPC, enter your first and last name and booking number, then select Crystal Adventures to make your pre-reservations. If you need to make modifications to your pre-reserved shore excursions, you may log into the Priority Check-in site up until 7 days prior to your sailing date. You may also pre-reserve shore excursions on board, based on availability.
How to View Crystal Adventures Online
Crystal Adventures are available online approximately 180 days (6 months) prior to the voyage departure date. Use our online Shore Excursion Finder to explore the dozens of excursions offered in each port of call on a specific itinerary. This easy-to-use interactive tool classifies our Crystal Adventures by type (eg. culinary, historical, wildlife, etc.), and activity level (soft, moderate, high and extreme adventure). You may also access the Crystal Adventures from the dedicated itinerary page for each voyage by clicking on the Crystal Adventures Shore Excursion tab.
To access a specific voyage itinerary page, search the four-digit voyage number (example: 3226) in the “search site” box in the upper right hand corner of the Crystal website. If you are unsure of the voyage number, or would like to browse for a voyage that suits your interests, you may also use our Voyage Finder.
For guests wishing to design their private tour the day of arrival in port, we offer half-day or full-day private vehicle and English-speaking guide services (admissions and meals not included), where available. This is an ideal option for guests wanting the flexibility to create their day’s itinerary on the same day they arrive. Shore excursions with Private Services options will be listed on Priority Check-in & Planning Center (PCPC) as:
- Private Half-day Car & English-speaking Guide (parties up to 2 guests)
- Private Full-day Car & English-speaking Guide (parties up to 2 guests)
- Private Half-day Van & English-speaking Guide (parties up to 8 guests)
- Private Full-day Van & English-speaking Guide (parties up to 8 guests)
Crystal Private Adventures®
If you seek a more customized shore-side experience, the Crystal Excursion Team is happy to create private shore excursions, known as Crystal Private Adventures®. To request Crystal Private Adventures before you embark, please download and print our Crystal Private Adventure Request Form. Complete all required information and fax the form to 310-286-2412 at least 14 business days prior to the voyage departure date.
If you wish to request Crystal Private Adventures on board, please allow the onboard shore excursion staff at least 48 hours’ notice prior to arrival in the port. All Crystal Private Adventures are subject to availability. For additional terms and conditions, refer to the second page of the Crystal Private Adventures Request Form.
“You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventures
As one of the first luxury lines to fully embrace the notion of combining meaningful and educational tourism with adventure travel, we are very pleased to offer a complimentary “You Care. We Care.” Crystal Voluntourism Adventure on every itinerary (where possible). The “You Care.” element offers guests the opportunity to make a difference in the places we visit at a very local level, while the “We Care.” portion represents Crystal’s own investment in preserving precious historical sites around the world.
These adventures focus on hands-on volunteer efforts with no obligation of financial donations. With the goal of improving destinations for future generations, Crystal Voluntourism Adventures allow guests to directly contribute to a need or cause specific to the community we are visiting.
Crystal Boutique Adventures
||Created for and offered exclusively to Crystal guests, these boutique excursions are available to an extremely limited number of participants. Intimate and enriching, they allow you to explore a particular topic of interest or destination in depth, with the guidance of a local expert, usually in a private setting. These adventures have a tour code ending in “B” (eg. FUN-NB) to assist you in easily locating these programs. Examples include: private visit and luncheon at a family-run winery in Funchal; a private viewing of the Contini Bonacossi Collection at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence; private cooking lesson and village stroll with a Michelin-starred chef in Taormina.
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Crystal Cruises is pleased to provide complimentary shuttle service in ports of call where the town or city center is beyond a reasonable walking distance from the ship’s pier. The shuttle schedule is announced in the onboard daily newsletter Reflections
. Please note: We are unable to provide shuttle schedules prior to the start of a cruise. Schedules and the operations of shuttles are sometimes dictated by local authorities, traffic or security measures, which may create delays and, in some cases, prohibit shuttle service from operating inside the port area. Complimentary shuttle service is provided at the sole discretion of Crystal Cruises and is not guaranteed in any port.
For additional questions regarding Crystal Adventures shore excursions, Private Services or Crystal Private Adventures, call 1-866-446-6625. Written inquiries may be submitted by fax to 310-286-2412 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Crystal Adventures General Terms & Conditions click here.
For Crystal Adventures Frequently Asked Questions click here.